Govt. College for Women, Hisar was
started in 2003. This college is situated on National Highway No. 9 about 3 K.M
away from Hisar Town towards Delhi on Delhi Bypass Road in from of Guru
Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar. This was the first
Govt. College specifically for Girls in Hisar at that time. It was previously
affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra from 2003 to 2017. Now this
college is affiliated to Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology,
Hisar. Presently B.A., B.Com., B.Sc. Non
Medical, B.Sc. Medical, B.A. Geography Hons, MA-English, and M.Com. courses are running in
the college. This college is surrounded by many villages like Dhansu, SatRod, Juglan,
Mirjapur, Raipur, Talwandi Rana from where many girls are taking higher
education from GCW, Hisar.
The vision of the college is to empower and enable, young women , through inculcating knowledge, self assurance and progress. The college firmly believes to mainstream the marginalized and weaker sections by ensuring liberty, justice and equity in society.
The mission of the college is to steer education not only to lead to the pragmatic goal of employ-bility but also to sensitize and orient its students to the service of the community, in the quest for a better life for the society and the world.
The college remains strongly committed to addressing issues of gender in all their complexity and preparing the young women to :
1. Promote respect for human rights.
2. Cultivate humility , civility and humanity.
3. Develop critical thinkers and concerned citizens.
4. Enhance access and inclusiveness in quality education.
5. Build personally , fulfilling lives , radiating ,integrity and strength of character.
6. Meet with confidence the challenges , they will encounter in their lives.
7. Flourish in different culture, Milieus in an increasingly , interconnected world.